DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the shp2pgsql-gui command.
shp2pgsql-gui is a program that converts ESRI Shape files into SQL statements and imports these statements to a PostGIS/PostgreSQL database. The GUI allows the user to set the shape file to import, the PostGIS/PostgreSQL connection parameters and some options related to the table where the data will be imported to.
shp2pgsql-gui can be called with some command line options that fill the PostGIS/PostgreSQL server connection parameters in.
- -d database
- Specifies the name of the database where the data will be imported to.
- -h host
- Specifies the host name of the machine on which the PostGIS/PostgreSQL server is running.
- -p port
- Specifies the TCP port on which the PostGIS/PostgreSQL server is listening for connections.
- -U username
- Specifies the username with which the user will connect to the database.
- -W password
- Specifies the password with which the user will connect to the database.
Shows help about shp2pgsql-gui command line arguments.
AUTHORshp2pgsql-gui was written by Paul Ramsey <[email protected]> and Mark Cave-Ayland <[email protected]>.
This manual page was written by Mònica Ramírez Arceda <[email protected]>, for the Debian project. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 and any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2.