COPYRIGHTShutter is Copyright (C) by Mario Kemper and Shutter Team
DESCRIPTIONShutter is a feature-rich screenshot program. You can take a screenshot of a specific area, window, your whole screen, or even of a website - apply different effects to it, draw on it to highlight points, and then upload to an image hosting site, all within one window.
- Example 1
- shutter -a -p=myprofile --min_at_startup
- Example 2
- shutter -s=100,100,300,300 -e
- Example 3
- shutter --window=.*firefox.*
- Example 4
- shutter --web=http://shutter-project.org/ -e
CAPTURE MODE OPTIONS
- -s, --select=[X,Y,WIDTH,HEIGHT]
- Capture an area of the screen. Providing X,Y,WIDTH,HEIGHT is optional.
- -f, --full
- Capture the entire screen.
- -w, --window=[NAME_PATTERN]
- Select a window to capture. Providing a NAME_PATTERN (Perl-style regex) ist optional.
- -a, --active
- Capture the current active window.
- Capture a section. You will be able to select any child window by moving the mouse over it.
- -m, --menu
- Capture a menu.
- -t, --tooltip
- Capture a tooltip.
- Capture a webpage. Providing an URL ist optional.
- -r, --redo
- Redo last screenshot.
- -p, --profile=NAME
- Load a specific profile on startup.
- -o, --output=FILENAME
Specify a filename to save the screenshot to (overwrites any profile-related setting).
Supported image formats: You can save to any popular image format (e.g. jpeg, png, gif, bmp). Additionally it is possible to save to pdf, ps or svg.
Please note: There are several wildcards available, like
%Y = year %m = month %d = day %T = time $w = width $h = height $name = multi-purpose (e.g. window title) $nb_name = like $name but without blanks in resulting strings $profile = name of current profile $R = random char (e.g. $RRRR = ag4r) %NN = counter
The string is interpretted by strftime. See "man strftime" for more examples.
As an example: shutter -f -e -o './%y-%m-%d_$w_$h.png' would create a file named '11-10-28_1280_800.png' in the current directory.
- -d, --delay=SECONDS
- Wait n seconds before taking a screenshot.
- -c, --include_cursor
- Include cursor when taking a screenshot.
- -C, --remove_cursor
- Remove cursor when taking a screenshot.
- -h, --help
- Prints a brief help message and exits.
- -v, --version
- Prints version information.
- Prints a lot of debugging information to STDOUT.
- Clears cache, e.g. installed plugins, at startup.
- Starts Shutter minimized to tray.
- Disables systray icon.
- -e, --exit_after_capture
- Exit after the first capture has been made. This is useful when using Shutter in scripts.
- -n, --no_session
- Do not add the screenshot to the session. This is useful when using Shutter in scripts.
BUG REPORTSIf you find a bug in Shutter, you should report it. But first, you should make sure that it really is a bug, and that it appears in the latest version of Shutter.
The latest version is always available from: https://launchpad.net/shutter
Once you have determined that a bug actually exists, please report it at launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/shutter/+filebug