SYNOPSISsilan [ OPTIONS ] <file-name>
DESCRIPTIONsilan - Audiofile Silence Analyzer.
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- -b, --bounds
- skip silence mid file. print start/end boundaries only.
- -B, --fastbounds
- same as -b, except the sound-off is detected by decoding backwards from the end. This is much faster but also inacurate.
- -f, --format <format>
- specify output format (default: 'txt')
- -F, --filter <float>
- high-pass filter coefficient (default:0.98) disable: 1.0; range 0 < val <= 1.0
- -o, --output <filename>
- write data to file instead of stdout
- -p, --progress
- show progress info on stderr
- -q, --quiet
- inhibit error messages
- -s, --threshold <float>
- RMS signal threshold (default 0.001 ^= -60dB) postfix with 'd' to specify decibels
- -t, --holdoff <float>
- holdoff time in seconds (default 0.5)
- -u, --unit <unit>
- specify output unit (default: 'seconds')
- -v, --verbose
- increase debug-level (can be used multiple times)
- -V, --version
- print version information and exit
This application reads a single audio file and analyzes it for silent periods. Timestamps/ranges of silence are printed to standard output.
Valid output formats are: txt, JSON, audacity (label file)
Valid output units are: samples, seconds (audacity format uses seconds regardless).
Sound is detected if the signal level exceeds a given threshold for a duration of at least <holdoff> time. Note that the returned timestamps are corrected for the holdoff-time.
The fast boundary scan can decrease the time it takes to analyze a file at the cost of accuracy. Use --fastbounds with care. Due to low-pass filtering and RMS calculation the results will be different (+- .1 sec), furthermore some codecs are not suitable for backwards decoding or sample-accurate seeking and may skew the timestamp by one second or more. The fast boundary scan mode requires a seekable file and does not work with streams.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to Robin Gareus <[email protected]>
Website and manual: <https://github.com/x42/silan>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © GPL 2012 Robin Gareus <[email protected]>