SYNOPSISslack-diff [OPTION]... FILE1 FILE2
DESCRIPTIONA wrapper for diff that displays file modes and other metadata changes.
- -u -U NUM --unified[=NUM]
- Tell diff(1) to use unified output format.
- --diff PROG
- Use this program for diffing, instead of diff.
- Make a fake diff for file modes and other things that are not file contents. Default is on, can be disabled with --nofakediff.
- -r --recursive
- Recursively compare any subdirectories found.
- -N --new-file
- Treat missing files as empty. Default is on, can be disabled with --nonew-file.
- Treat only missing files in the first directory as empty.
- Treat arguments as a list of files from which to read filenames to compare, two lines at a time.
- -0 --null
- Use NULLs instead of newlines as the separator in --from-file mode.
You have a version of diff that can't deal with -N when not in
recursive mode, so we need to feed it /dev/null instead of the
missing file. Default is on, can be disabled with --nodevnullhack.
- Output version info.
- Output this help.
FILES are `FILE1 FILE2' or `DIR1 DIR2' or `DIR FILE...' or `FILE... DIR'. If --from-file or --to-file is given, there are no restrictions on FILES. If a FILE is `-', read standard input.