SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device sound device snd_csa
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe bridge driver allows the generic audio driver sound(4) to attach to Crystal Semiconductor CS461x/462x/4280 based sound cards.
HARDWAREThe driver supports the following sound cards:
- Crystal Semiconductor CS4280
- Crystal Semiconductor CS4610
- Crystal Semiconductor CS4611
- Crystal Semiconductor CS4614
- Crystal Semiconductor CS4615
- Crystal Semiconductor CS4622
- Crystal Semiconductor CS4624
- Crystal Semiconductor CS4630
- Genius Soundmaker 128 Value
- Hercules Game Theatre XP
- Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
Some onboard CS4610 chips are accompanied by the CS423x ISA codec instead of the CS4297 AC97 codec. Such configurations are not supported by the driver yet.
HISTORYThe device driver first appeared in Fx 4.0 .
AUTHORSAn Seigo Tanimura Aq [email protected]