- int snd_pcm_new_internal(struct snd_card * card, const char * id, int device, int playback_count, int capture_count, struct snd_pcm ** rpcm);
- the card instance
- the id string
- the device index (zero based - shared with normal PCMs)
- the number of substreams for playback
- the number of substreams for capture
- the pointer to store the new pcm instance
Creates a new internal PCM instance with no userspace device or procfs entries. This is used by ASoC Back End PCMs in order to create a PCM that will only be used internally by kernel drivers. i.e. it cannot be opened by userspace. It provides existing ASoC components drivers with a substream and access to any private data.
The pcm operators have to be set afterwards to the new instance via snd_pcm_set_ops.
Zero if successful, or a negative error code on failure.