SYNOPSISsnpp [OPTIONS] recipient...
- -s SERVER[:PORT]
- Connect to the specified SERVER (and PORT, if given). Default is ``localhost:444''.
- -f USER
- Show that the sent page is coming from USER. Default is the current user.
- -m MESSAGE
- Send the given MESSAGE instead of reading text from stdin.
- Do not notify the 'from' user about the status of the page.
- Display SNPP session debugging.
- -C CONF
- Read CONF instead of /etc/sendpage/snpp.conf for server default.
- Display a summary of all the available command line options.
DESCRIPTIONThis tool is used to send a page via the Simple Network Paging Protocol (level 2). It is designed to be used with 'sendpage', but should work with any other SNPP servers as well.
The /etc/sendpage/snpp.conf file can contain a single line in the form of
where ADDRESS and PORT are the defaults for snpp.