SYNOPSISsquidclient [ -aknNrsv ] [ --ping [ping-options] ] [ --https] [tls-options] [ -A string ] [ -h | --host remote host ] [ -H ' string ' ] [ -i IMS ] [ -j ' Host header ' ] [ -l | --local host ] [ -m method ] [ -p | --port port ] [ -P file ] [ -t count ] [ -T timeout ] [ -u user ] [ -U user ] [ -V version ] [ -w password ] [ -W password ] url
Ping options: [ -g count ] [ -I interval ]
TLS options: [ --anonymous-tls ] [ --trusted-ca CA certificates file ...] [ --cert client X.509 certificate file ] [ --params TLS session parameters ]
DESCRIPTIONsquidclient is a tool providing a command line interface for retrieving URLs. Designed for testing any HTTP 0.9, 1.0, or 1.1 web server or proxy. This tool can be combined with scripts to perform any basic HTTP operation. Some additional features for access to the squid proxy object cache and management information are provided.
- Do NOT include Accept: header.
- -A 'string'
- Send string as User-Agent: header. To omit the header completely set string to empty ('').
- -h | --host host
- Retrieve URL from server host. Default is localhost
- -H 'string'
- Extra headers to send. Use '\n' for new lines.
- -i time
- If-Modified-Since time (in Epoch seconds).
- -j hosthdr
- Host header content
- Keep the connection active. Default is to do only one request then close.
- -l | --local host
- Specify a local IP address to bind to. Default is none.
- -m method
Request method, default is
Squid also supports a non-standard method called
You can use that to purge a specific URL from the cache.
You need to have
access setup in
access. Here is an example:
acl purge method PURGE http_access deny purge !localhost
Proxy Negotiate(Kerberos) authentication.
Use kinit [email protected] first to get initial TGS.
- WWW Negotiate(Kerberos) authentication. Use kinit [email protected] first to get initial TGS.
- -p port
- Port number of cache. Default is 3128.
- -P file
- Request body. Using the named file as data.
- Force cache to reload URL.
- Silent. Do not print data to stdout.
- -t count
- Trace count HTTP relay or proxy hops
- -T timeout
- Timeout value (seconds) for read/write operations.
- -u user
- Proxy authentication username
- -U user
- WWW authentication username
- Verbose. Print outgoing message to stderr.
- -V version
- HTTP Version. Use '-' for HTTP/0.9 omitted case
- -w password
- Proxy authentication password
- -W password
- WWW authentication password
- Use Transport Layer Security on the HTTP connection.
- Use TLS with unauthenticated (anonymous) certificate.
- --cert file
- File containing client X.509 certificate in PEM format. May be repeated to load several client certificates.
- --trusted-ca file
- File containing trusted Certificate Authority (CA) certificates in PEM format. May be repeated to load any number of files.
- --params values
- TLS library specific parameters for the communication session. See the library documentation for details on valid parameters. GnuTLS: http://gnutls.org/manual/html_node/Priority-Strings.html If repeated only the last value will have effect.
- --ping [options]
- Enable ping mode. Optional -g and -I parameters must follow immediately if used. Repeated use resets to default ping settings.
- -g count
- Ping mode, performcount iterations (default is to loop until interrupted).
- -I interval
- Ping interval in seconds (default 1 second).
AUTHORThis program and manual was written by Amos Jeffries <[email protected]>
Based on original code derived from Harvest and further developed by numerous individuals from the internet community.
* Copyright (C) 1996-2016 The Squid Software Foundation and contributors
* Squid software is distributed under GPLv2+ license and includes
* contributions from numerous individuals and organizations.
* Please see the COPYING and CONTRIBUTORS files for details.
QUESTIONSQuestions on the usage of this program can be sent to the Squid Users mailing list <[email protected]>
REPORTING BUGSSee http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting for details of what you need to include with your bug report.
Report bugs or bug fixes using http://bugs.squid-cache.org/
Report serious security bugs to Squid Bugs <[email protected]>
Report ideas for new improvements to the Squid Developers mailing list <[email protected]>