DESCRIPTIONsuricata is a network Intrusion Detection System (IDS). It is based on rules (and is fully compatible with snort rules) to detect a variety of attacks / probes by searching packet content.
This new Engine supports Multi-Threading, Automatic Protocol Detection (IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, TLS, FTP and SMB), Gzip Decompression, Fast IP Matching and coming soon hardware acceleration on CUDA and OpenCL GPU cards.
It supports acquiring packets through NFQUEUE, PCAP (live or offline) etc.
- -c config_file
- Use configuration file config_file
- -i interface
- Sniff packets on interface.
- -r file
- Read the tcpdump-formatted file tcpdump-file. This will cause Suricata to read and process the file fed to it. This is useful for offline analysis.
- -q queue_id
- Sniff packets sent by the kernel through NFQUEUE. This allows running Suricata in inline mode (IPS) for packets captured by iptables using the NFQUEUE target.
- -s signatures
- Path to the signatures file.
- -l log_dir
- Path to the default log directory.
- Run as daemon
- Enable fatal failure on signature init error.
AUTHORsuricata was written by the Open Information Security Foundation.
This manual page was written by Pierre Chifflier <[email protected]>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others).