Other Aliasrpc_svc_err, svcerr_auth, svcerr_decode, svcerr_noproc, svcerr_noprog, svcerr_progvers, svcerr_weakauth
SYNOPSISIn rpc/rpc.h Ft void Fn svcerr_auth SVCXPRT *xprt enum auth_stat why Ft void Fn svcerr_decode SVCXPRT *xprt Ft void Fn svcerr_noproc SVCXPRT *xprt Ft void Fn svcerr_noprog SVCXPRT *xprt Ft void Fn svcerr_progvers SVCXPRT *xprt rpcvers_t low_vers rpcvers_t high_vers Ft void Fn svcerr_systemerr SVCXPRT *xprt Ft void Fn svcerr_weakauth SVCXPRT *xprt
DESCRIPTIONThese routines are part of the RPC library which allows C language programs to make procedure calls on other machines across the network.
These routines can be called by the server side dispatch function if there is any error in the transaction with the client.
RoutinesSee rpc(3) for the definition of the Vt SVCXPRT data structure.
- Fn svcerr_auth
- Called by a service dispatch routine that refuses to perform a remote procedure call due to an authentication error.
- Fn svcerr_decode
- Called by a service dispatch routine that cannot successfully decode the remote arguments (see Fn svc_getargs in rpc_svc_reg3).
- Fn svcerr_noproc
- Called by a service dispatch routine that does not implement the procedure number that the caller requests.
- Fn svcerr_noprog
- Called when the desired program is not registered with the RPC package. Service implementors usually do not need this routine.
- Fn svcerr_progvers
- Called when the desired version of a program is not registered with the RPC package. The Fa low_vers argument is the lowest version number, and Fa high_vers is the highest version number. Service implementors usually do not need this routine.
- Fn svcerr_systemerr
- Called by a service dispatch routine when it detects a system error not covered by any particular protocol. For example, if a service can no longer allocate storage, it may call this routine.
- Fn svcerr_weakauth
- Called by a service dispatch routine that refuses to perform a remote procedure call due to insufficient (but correct) authentication arguments. The routine calls Fn svcerr_auth xprt AUTH_TOOWEAK .