DESCRIPTIONTarantool is an open-source NoSQL database, developed by Mail.ru.
Its key properties include:
- Licence: simplified BSD
- All data is maintained in RAM
- Data persistence is implemented using Write Ahead Log and snapshotting
- Supports asynchronous replication and hot standby
- Uses coroutines and asynchronous I/O to implement high-performance lock-free access to data
- Available on Linux and FreeBSD
- Stored procedures in Lua are supported.
Data modelThe basic atom of storage in Tarantool is called tuple. A tuple can have arbitrary number of fields. The first field in the tuple is always the identifying unique key. Tuples form spaces. It is possible to search tuples in spaces using the primary or secondary keys. Fields in a tuple are type-agnostic. It is possible to change, as well as add or remove fields.
- Returns a value from configuration file described by KEY.
- Checks configuration file for errors.
- -c FILE, --config=FILE
- Points a path to configuration file (default: /etc/tarantool.cfg).
- Cats snapshot file to stdout in readable format and exits.
- Initializes storage (an empty snapshot file) and exits.
- -v, --verbose
- Increases verbosity level in log messages.
- -B, --background
- Redirects input/output streams to a log file and runs as daemon.
- -h, --help
- Displays helpscreen and exits.
- -V, --version
Prints program version and exits.