tbp-importdsc [ options ] dsc_name
tbp-importdsc imports a Debian source package into a tla-buildpackage archive, notes the package version in the configs, and commits the change. All information, including package name, version, Debian diffs, and upstream source, is automatically detected from the source package.
This program will automatically detect if the upstream sources have already been imported, and if so, will not attempt to re-import them again.
It is an error to run tbp-importdsc on a package whose Debian version already exists in the archive. It is also an error to run tbp-importdsc on a package when a newer version already exists in the archive. tbp-importdsc detects both conditions and will terminate without causing harm. However, this can be overridden by the --force-debian-version argument (see below).
- Gives the path to the Debian .dsc file from the source package.
- put the Debian sources into the tla version named VERSION. default: [package]--debian--1.0
- branch the Debian sources from the tla revision named REVISION; if no patch level is specified, the latest revision from the given version will be used. default: the upstream configuration corresponding to the upstream version of the Debian source
- put the upstream sources into the tla version named VERSION. default: [package]--head--1.0
- branch the upstream sources from the tla revision named REVISION; if no patch level is specified, the latest revision from the given version will be used
- import this version even if it is older than other Debian sources already imported.
- import this version even if it is older than other upstream sources already imported.
- force both the Debian and upstream versions.
- -h, --help
- display the help message and exit.
- -v, --version
- display version info and exit.
- Neither GPG signatures nor MD5 sums are verified when unpacking Debian source packages.
- This program does not deal well with Debian native packages (ones that lack a Debian diff.gz). It will probably work, but building the package later might result in a non-native package.
The following specific files are used by this application:
- Specifies the default working copy location for all build procedures. This file, and the directory it specifies, are both normally created by tbp-initarchive.
The following environment variables are used by this application:
- Specifies the working copy area for tla-buildpackage to use for all build-related tasks, overriding the value in ~/.tla-buildpackage, if any.
tla-buildpackage, all associated scripts and programs, this manual, and all build scripts are Copyright (C) 2003 John Goerzen, 2008 Hubert Chathi.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
tla-buildpackage, its modules, documentation, executables, and all included files, except where noted, was written by John Goerzen <[email protected]> and Hubert Chathi <[email protected]>, and copyright is held as stated in the COPYRIGHT section.
tla-buildpackage may be downloaded from the Debian packaging system or at
tla-buildpackage may also be downloaded using tla like this:
$ tla register-archive [email protected] \ http:[email protected] $ tla get \ [email protected]/tla-buildpackage--mainline--1.0 \ tla-buildpackage