SYNTAXtermsaver [SCREEN] [OPTIONS]
DESCRIPTIONTermsaver is a simple alternative for simulating command-line based screensavers right on the terminal, in text-based format.
To start the screensaver, execute
command with proper options as described in detail below, and to close it,
just use the standard
to interrupt it (or close the terminal window if you are on a desktop
environment and no longer need it).
SCREENThe Termsaver application, to work properly, requires a screen as argument, which represents the name of the screensaver to be loaded. Each screen, in turn, will have its own set of optional arguments, documented in its help option.
Here follows a list of currently available screens (note that this information might become outdated if updates are not fully documented here, so always rely on the help option to display all screens available):
- displays recent quotes from quotes4all.net
- displays ascii images from asciiartfarts.com (NSFW)
- displays rss feed information
- displays a digital clock on screen
- displays word in random places on screen
- randomly displays RFC contents
- displays source code in typing animation
- displays url contents with typing animation
- displays recent jokes from jokes4all.net (NSFW)
- displays a matrix movie alike screensaver
- displays a graphic of CPU/MEM usage over time
option for additional information for each
usage and example.
OPTIONSThis program follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below.
- -h, --help
- Displays this help message
- -v, --verbose
- Displays python exception errors (for debugging)
- Check all available screens to use:
- Run random text screensaver with extra arguments:
--word HelloWorld --delay 1
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may
not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain
a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT
WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the
License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations
under the License.
AUTHORSTermsaver was written by Bruno Braga <[email protected]>,
BUGSReport bugs to authors at: