SYNOPSISthotswap [ -qwzurhv ]
DESCRIPTIONthotswap is a small daemon that monitors whether the SelectBay on a Toshiba is locked. When the SelectBay is unlocked it attempts to remove the device from the IDE bus. On locking the SelectBay the IDE bus is rescanned for IDE/ATAPI devices. This enables SelectBay devices to changed without the need for a reboot.
For some older models that do no support hot-swapping, the SelectBay device can still be changed using warm-swapping. First use the command line to unregister the device. Then suspend the laptop and place the new device into the SelectBay. On resuming use the command line to rescan the IDE bus for new devices.
- -q, --quite
- Operate in silent mode without the beeps.
- -w, --wall
- Send messages to the user using wall(1).
- -x, --xmessage
- Send messages to the user using xmessage(1x).
- -u, --unregister
- Try an unregister a device from the IDE bus without going into daemon mode.
- -r, --rescan
- Rescan the IDE bus for new devices without going into daemon mode.
- -h, --help
- Display a short help message and exit.
- -v, --version
- Print the version number and exit.