transmission [-pqm ] [torrent-file ... ]
DESCRIPTIONtransmission is a fast and easy BitTorrent client.
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file transfer protocol which uses a metainfo file (usually with the .torrent file extension) and a central tracker to distribute file data amongst a group of peers. For more information on the BitTorrent protocol see http://www.bittorrent.org/
- -? --help
- Show help options
- -p --paused
- Start with all torrents paused
- -m --minimized
- Start minimized in notification area
- -g, --config-dir directory
- Where to look for configuration files. This can be used to swap between using the cli, daemon, gtk, and qt clients. See http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/ConfigFiles for more information.
Multiple .torrent files may be added at startup by appending them on the command line. If transmission is already running, the torrents will be added to the running instance.
- Sets the default config-dir.
- The config-dir used when neither [TRANSMISSION_HOME ] nor [-g ] is specified.