DESCRIPTIONThe tzselect program asks the user for information about the current location, and outputs the resulting timezone description to standard output. The output is suitable as a value for the TZ environment variable.
All interaction with the user is done via standard input and standard error.
EXIT STATUSThe exit status is zero if a timezone was successfully obtained from the user, nonzero otherwise.
- Name of a Posix-compliant awk program (default: awk).
- Name of the directory containing timezone data files (default: /usr/share/zoneinfo).
- Table of ISO 3166 2-letter country codes and country names.
- Table of country codes, latitude and longitude, TZ values, and descriptive comments.
- Time zone data file for timezone TZ.
COLOPHONThis page is part of release 4.06 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/.