SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file:
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe driver provides support for USB printers that follow the printer bi- or uni-directional protocol. The bits in the minor number select various features of the driver.
- Minor Bit Ta Function
- "64" Ta Do not initialize (reset) the device on the port.
Some printers cannot handle the reset on open; in case of problems try the unlpt device.
HARDWAREThe driver provides support for USB printers and parallel printer conversion cables, including the following:
- ATen parallel printer adapter
- Belkin F5U002 parallel printer adapter
- Canon BJ F850, S600
- Canon LBP-1310, 350
- Entrega USB-to-parallel printer adapter
- Hewlett-Packard HP Deskjet 3420 (P/N: C8947A #ABJ)
- Oki Data MICROLINE ML660PS
- Seiko Epson PM-900C, 880C, 820C, 730C
- device with reset
- device without reset
HISTORYThe driver appeared in Nx 1.4 . This manual page was adopted from Nx by An Tom Rhodes Aq [email protected] in April 2002.