SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device usb device ucom device umodem
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe driver provides support for USB modems in the Communication Device Class using the Abstract Control Model. These modems are basically standard serial line modems, but they are accessed via USB instead. They support a regular AT command set. The commands can either be multiplexed with the data stream or handled through separate pipes. In the latter case the AT commands have to be given on a device separate from the data device.
HARDWAREDevices supported by the driver include:
- 3Com 5605
- Curitel PC5740 Wireless Modem
- Kyocera AH-K3001V Mobile Phone(WILLCOM)
- Kyocera WX320K Mobile Phone(WILLCOM)
- Metricom Ricochet GS USB wireless modem
- Sierra MC5720 Wireless Modem
- Yamaha Broadband Wireless Router RTW65b
- ELSA MicroLink 56k USB modem
- Sony Ericsson W810i phone
- Sonim XP5300 Force
HISTORYThe driver appeared in Nx 1.5 . This manual page was adopted from Nx by An Tom Rhodes Aq [email protected] in April 2002.
BUGSOnly modems with multiplexed commands and data are supported at the moment.