SYNOPSISupdate-java-alternatives [--jre] [--plugin] [-v|--verbose]
DESCRIPTIONupdate-java-alternatives updates all alternatives belonging to one runtime or development kit for the Java language. A package does provide these information of it's alternatives in /usr/lib/jvm/.<jname>.jinfo.
- -l|--list [<jname>]
- List all installed packages (or just <jname>) providing information to set a bunch of java alternatives. Verbose output shows each alternative provided by the packages.
- Switch all alternatives of registered jre/sdk installations to automatic mode.
- -s|--set <jname>
- Set all alternatives of the registered jre/sdk installation to the program path provided by the <jname> installation.
- Limit the actions to alternatives belong to a runtime environment, not a development kit.
- Limit the actions to alternatives belong to the headless part of a runtime environment.
- Limit the actions to alternatives providing browser plugins.
- Display a help message.
A text file describing a jre/sdk installation. Consists of some
variables of the form <var>=<value> and a list of alternatives of the form
jre|jdk <name> <path>.
AUTHORupdate-java-alternatives and this manual page was written by Matthias Klose <[email protected]>.