SYNOPSISuptimed [ -?bv ] [ -e <email> ] [ -i <interval> ] [ -m <count> ]
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents the uptimed program.
uptimed is a daemon that records statistics about a machine's uptime. Use the uprecords(1) program to get uptime record statistics.
OPTIONSThese command-line options override settings in the configuration file /etc/uptimed.conf
- Show usage
- Create bootid and exit. This option is ignored on BSD systems, because the BSD kernel keeps a static boot time variable in memory so Uptimed does not need to cache this value.
- -p <file>
- Write PID to pidfile <file>
- -e <email>
- Send mail to <email> at milestones/records
- -i <interval>
- Use <interval> seconds for loop
- -m <count>
- Log a maximum of <count> entries
- -t <timespec>
- Set the minimum uptime to be considered a record
Show version information