Valknut is a program the uses the Direct Connect protocol. It is compatible with other DC clients, such as the original DC from Neomodus, DC++, and Shakespeer.
- -c <directory>
- Lets you specify the path where valknut should find its configuration files. Useful if you want to have multiple configurations, eg. for testing.
- Displays how many themes/styles are available and exits.
- is useful when you have compiled a debug version of valknut. If you want to produce a core file (for a bug report) you have to put this option when launching valknut.
- Startup splash screen is not shown.
- Theme support is turned off. Could be useful if buggy themes are making valknut crash.
- The system tray icon is now controlled from the options dialog, but this option will enable it, ignoring the saved setting.
- The system tray icon is now controlled from the options dialog, but this option will disable it, ignoring the saved setting. Useful if your window manager doesn't support tray icons.
- Show the list of command line options and brief help on what they do.
- --socketlog <param>
- Outputs a log of socket data to the file dcsocket.log. Valid values for param are none, send, recv or both.
- Starts the application in tray icon mode, meaning the main window will not be visible.
- -v verboselevel 1
- -vv verboselevel 2
- With level 1 you can see every path on create sharelist and with level 2 you see every path and file.
- If set, the HTTP proxy server to use for downloading public hub lists. Needs to be in the form http://<server>[:port]
- Set Away Mode -> Away
- Open Users Window
- Set Away Mode -> Normal
- Open Options Window
- Open Spy Window
- Exit Program
- Open Hub Search Window
- Open Transfer List Drawer
- Open Hub List Window
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution
because the original program did not have a manual page.
This manual page was written by Pasi Savilaakso [email protected] for the Debian system (but may be used by others) with help of Andrew Greig. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts.