DESCRIPTIONWiFi Radar is a PyGTK2 utility for managing WiFi profiles.
It will look for the config file in /etc/wifi-radar/wifi-radar.conf. You can change that in wifi-radar.
If the configuration file does not exist, it will create it, so you must always run it within a correctly permitted account (as root or use sudo or pam).
Recent versions partially implement WPA-TKIP with wpa_supplicant. You need a running wpa_supplicant installation with a /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file. Then by setting in your /etc/wifi-radar/wifi-radar.conf file the "use_wpa = yes" option and "wpa_driver = ipw" for example, wpa_supplicant will be launched when you connect using this profile.
But currently you can't set your wpa_supplicant options like the psk, proto, key_mgmt etc. using wifi-radar. Your wpa_supplicant configuration file should be set and tested already. If you have different networks set in wpa_supplicant.conf, then you can switch using wifi-radar.
The wifi-radar script accepts the following command-line options:
- -v, --version for printing the version.
- See for more information.
Because of repeated scanning, WiFi Radar is very power consuming.
Please report bugs to the mailing list <https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/wifi-radar>
MORE INFORMATIONThe GIT repository is available at https://git.berlios.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=wifi-radar;a=summary
If you have questions, visit http://wifi-radar.berlios.de
AUTHORThis Python program was originally written by Ahmad Baitaimal <[email protected]>. It has been maintained at various times by Brian Elliott Finley <[email protected]> and Sean Robinson <[email protected]>. Contributions have been provided by:
- Douglas Breault <[email protected]>
- Nicolas Brouard <[email protected]>
- Gary Case <[email protected]>
- Jon Collette <[email protected]>
- David Decotigny <[email protected]>
- Simon Gerber <[email protected]>
- Joey Hurst <[email protected]>
- Ante Karamatic <[email protected]>
- Richard Monk <[email protected]>
- Kevin Otte <[email protected]>
- Nathanael Rebsch <[email protected]>
- Andrea Scarpino <[email protected]>
- Patrick Winnertz <[email protected]>