SYNOPSISwinetricks [options] [verb ... ]
DESCRIPTIONwinetricks is an easy way to work around common problems in Wine.
It provides simple commands to tweak Wine settings, download and install missing Windows DLLs and fonts, or install various games or apps with appropriate workarounds for the current version of wine.
It can be used via gui or commandline. The commandline mode is intended both for interactive use and as a building block in fancier wine frontends and in automated regression testing.
winetricks with no arguments displays a GUI using either Zenity or Kdialog.
- Don't check whether packages were already installed
- Show gui diagnostics even when driven by commandline
- -k, --keep_isos
- Cache isos (allows later installation without disc)
- Don't delete temp directories (useful during debugging)
- Don't install each app or game in its own bottle
- -q, --unattended
- Don't ask any questions, just install automatically
- -r, --ddrescue
- Retry hard when caching scratched discs
- Even show verbs that are currently broken in wine
- -v, --verbose
- Echo all commands as they are executed
- -h, --help
- Display this message and exit
- -V, --version
Display version and exit
- apps list
- list verbs in category 'applications'
- benchmarks list
- list verbs in category 'benchmarks'
- dlls list
- list verbs in category 'dlls'
- games list
- list verbs in category 'games'
- list categories
- list cached-and-ready-to-install verbs
- list verbs which download automatically
- list verbs which download with some help from the user
- list already-installed verbs
- select WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/foobar
- settings list
list verbs in category 'settings'
- To see list of available packages to install:
- winetricks list-download
- To install a package:
ENVIRONMENT VARIABLESWine checks several environment variables on startup:
- If set, this specifies which wine binary to use by default
- If set, this specifies the location of the default .wine directory ( usually $HOME/.wine ).
If set, this is path to system's user data cache (default: $HOME/.cache)
path to Winetricks' user data cache (default: $XDG_CACHE_HOME/winetricks}
AUTHORSDan Kegel, Austin English, and many others. For a complete list, please see the "Copyright" section in the file 'winetricks'.
COPYRIGHTThis program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. See <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
Bugs may be reported at http://winetricks.org
AVAILABILITYThe most recent version of winetricks can be downloaded from http://winetricks.org/download/releases/
The latest snapshot of the code may be obtained via svn; see http://code.google.com/p/winetricks/source/checkout
For further information about winetricks see http://winetricks.org