winpdb, rpdb2 [-h, --help] [-d, --debuggee] [-a, --attach] [-o, --host] [-r, --remote] [-e, --encrypt] [-p, --pwd] [-s, --screen] [-c, --chdir] [--debug] [[<script-name> [<script-args>...]]]
This manual page documents briefly the winpdb and rpdb2 commands.
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution
because the original program does not have a manual page.
winpdb is a GUI frontend to rpdb2,
a remote debugger for python, which is capable to debug threads- and curses-based code.
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax,
with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of
options is included below.
- -h --help
- Print the program's help.
- -d --debuggee
- Start debuggee and break into it, without starting a debugger console.
- -a --attach
- Attach to an already started debuggee.
- -o --host
- Specify host for attachment.
- -r --remote
- Allow debuggees to accept connections from remote machines.
- -e --encrypt
- Force encrypted connections between debugger and debuggees.
- -p --pwd
- Password. This flag is available only on NT systems. On other systems the password will be queried interactively if it is needed.
- -s --screen
- Use the Unix screen utility when spawning the debuggee.
- -c --chdir
- Change the working directory to that of the launched script.
- Debug prints.
This manual page was written by Bernd Zeimetz <[email protected]> for
the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is
granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under
the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2,
as published by the Free Software Foundation.
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public
License, Version 2, can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2.