WWWBrowser::start_browser($url, -oldwindow => 1);
start_browser($url [, %args])Start a web browser with the specified URL. The process is started in background.
The following optional parameters are recognized:
- -oldwindow => $bool
- Normally, the URL is loaded into a new window, if possible. With "-oldwindow" set to a false window, "WWWBrowser" will try to re-use a browser window.
- -browser => $browser
- Use (preferebly) the named browser $browser. See ``CONFIGURATION'' for a some browser specialities. This option will only work for unix.
CONFIGURATIONFor unix, the global variable @WWWBrowser::unix_browsers can be set to a list of preferred web browsers. The following browsers are handled specially:
- lynx, w3m
- Text oriented browsers, which are opened in an "xterm", "kvt" or "gnome-terminal" (if running under X11). If not running under X11, then no background process is started.
- Use "openURL" method of kfm.
- Use "-remote" option to re-use a running netscape process, if possible.
- Look into the "~/.gnome/Gnome" configuration file for the right browser.
The following variables can be defined globally in the main package:
- Short name of operating system ("win", "mac" or "unix").
- Error handling function (instead of default "warn").