SYNOPSISzimpl [ -b ] [ -D name=value ] [ -f ] [ -F filter ] [ -h ] [ -m ] [ -l length [ -n cm|cn|cf ] [ -o outfile ] [ -O ] [ -P filter [ -r ] [ -t lp|mps|hum|rlp|pip ] [ -s seed ] [ -v 0-5 ] [ -V ] file ...
DESCRIPTIONZimpl is a little language to translate the mathematical model of a problem into a linear or (mixed-)integer mathematical program expressed in LPF or MPS file format which can be read by a LP or MIP solver.
None of the options is necessary. All input files in zpl format that are given are concatenated and processed as if they are one big file. This makes is possible to combine different parts of a model on the command line. In this case the first filename given will be used as basename for the output files in absence of an -o option.
option is to select the output format.
can be read by every
is an CPLEX format, but can also read by several solvers.
BE aware that for example Range-rows can not be expressed in
If you want to inspected the output yourself,
format is a variant of
with no name mangeling whatever, but unfortunately this violates
several format restrictions, so no solver will read this in.
is specified the output is in
format, but rows and columns are randomly permuted.
- Enable bison(1) debugging output.
- -D name=value
- Sets the parameter name to the specified value. This is equivalent with having this line in the Zimpl program: param name:=val .
- Enable flex(1) debugging output.
- -F filter
- The output is piped through a filter. A %s in the string is replaced by the output filename. For example: -F "gzip -c >%s.gz" would compress all the output files.
- Show program help.
- -l length
- Sets the maximum length for variable names in LPF output files.
- Write a CPLEX .mst Mip STart file.
- -n cm|cn|cf
- Select the format for the generation of constraint names. Can be either cm which will number them 1 ... n with a `c' in front. cn will use the name supplied in the subto statement and number them 1 ... n within the statement. cf will use the name given with the subto, then a 1 .. n number like in cm and then append all the local variables from the forall statements.
- -o outfile
- Sets the base-name for the output files. Default is the name of the input file without extension.
- Optimize the generated LP by doing some presolve analysis (experimental).
- -P filter
- The input is piped through a filter. A %s in the string is replaced by the input filename. For example: -F "cpp -DWITH_C1 %s" would pass the input file through the C-preprocessor.
- Write a CPLEX .ord branching order file.
- -s seed
- Set the random number generator seed.
- -t lp|mps|hum|rlp|pip
- Selects the output format. Can be either lp which is default, or mps , or hum , which is (only) human readable, or rlp , which is randomly permuted, or pip , which means polynimial IP.
- -v 0-5
- Set the verbosity level. 0 is quiet, 1 is default, 2 is verbose, 3 is chatter, and 5 is debug.
- Prints the version number.
DIAGNOSTICSThe following diagnostics may be issued on stderr:
101 Bad filename
- The name given with the -o option is either missing, a directory name, or starts with a dot.
- The parameter of a -D option was either not of the form name=value or the name was not a legal identifier.