- amarchiver --version|--create|--extract|--list [--verbose] [--file file] [filename]...
Note that this tool is more limited than the Amanda archive library, and may not be appropriate for some archive files -- particularly those which use non-strings in their filenames.
- print the amarchiver version
- Create an amanda archive. Only the supplied filenames are included. With one --verbose, lists the filenames. With two, lists the filenames and sizes.
- List the filenames in an amanda archive. No additional filenames are allowed on the command line.
- Extract an amanda archive. If filenames are supplied, only those files are extracted. Files are created in the current directory, suffixed with a dot ('.') and the attribute ID.
- Give more information.
- Create, list or extract from the given file instead of stdin/stdout.