SYNOPSISdetect_adni_phantom InputImage OutputXML
DESCRIPTIONThis tool detects the locations of all spherical landmarks in a 3D image of the Magphan EMR051 structural imaging phantom (a.k.a. ADNI Phantom).
Global Toolkit Options (these are shared by all CMTK tools)
- Write list of basic command line options to standard output.
- Write complete list of basic and advanced command line options to standard output.
- Write list of command line options to standard output in MediaWiki markup.
- Write man page source in 'nroff' markup to standard output.
- Write toolkit version to standard output.
- Write the current command line to standard output.
- --verbose-level <integer>
- Set verbosity level.
- --verbose, -v
- Increment verbosity level by 1 (deprecated; supported for backward compatibility).
- --threads <integer>
- Set maximum number of parallel threads (for POSIX threads and OpenMP).
Phantom Detection Options
- Be tolerant of issues such as partially truncated marker spheres. This should be used with caution only when necessary, and both the phantom image and detection results should be carefully inspected to identify the source of detection problems and verify reliable results.
- Do not assume standard orientation of the phantom, i.e., allow phantoms scanned upside-down. This makes detection of defective phantoms less robust.
- Force a fallback to use centroid of CNR spheres rather than center of SNR sphere for initial orientation. This can be used when, for example, the SNR sphere has broken off but is positioned in a way that does not trigger the automatic fallback.
- --erode-snr <double>
- Erode SNR sphere by this distance prior to computing SNR estimate. [Default: 10]
- --erode-cnr <double>
- Erode each CNR sphere by this distance prior to computing CNR estimate. [Default: 5]
- Refine estimated affine transformation after each new landmark is added.
- Refine outlier landmarks based on estimated transformation after first sphere detection pass.
- Exclude outlier landmarks before fitting final transformations.
- Disable intensity bias field correction for each detected sphere. This will likely reduce accuracy of SNR/CNR estimates and also affect localication accuracy of smaller spheres, but may be helpful in extreme cases where bias correction fails completely.
- --write-labels <image-path>
- Output label image path. This image contains the mask of detected spheres, each labeled uniquely in their order in CMTK's ADNI phantom fiducial table. [Default: NONE]
- --write-rigid <transformation-path>
- Output path for the fitted rigid transformation from phantom space into RAS image standard space. This transformation defines where each sphere should be in the image. [Default: NONE]
- --write-affine <transformation-path>
- Output path for the fitted affine transformation from phantom space into RAS image standard space. This is the closest linear-fit transformation, and as such it includes scale and shear components not present in the fitted rigid transformations. Since these components are due to scanner miscalibration and distortion, this transformation DOES NOT specify the correct spehre locations in the image, but rather, allows for quantification of scale miscalibration. [Default: NONE]
AUTHORSTorsten Rohlfing, with contributions from Michael P. Hasak, Greg Jefferis, Calvin R. Maurer, Daniel B. Russakoff, and Yaroslav Halchenko
BUGSReport bugs at http://nitrc.org/projects/cmtk/
ACKNOWLEDGMENTSCMTK is developed with support from the NIAAA under Grant AA021697, National Consortium on Alcohol and Neurodevelopment in Adolescence (N-CANDA): Data Integration Component. From April 2009 through September 2011, CMTK development and maintenance was supported by the NIBIB under Grant EB008381.