SYNOPSISfan [ -fnatds ]
DESCRIPTIONfan prints the current status of the internal fan on any Toshiba laptop or notebook computer with a Pentium or better processor, optionally turning it on or off in the process. Changes to the status of the fan are logged via syslogd(8). For laptops without a fan, a suitable error message is provided.
The information necessary to write this program was derived by examining a number of MS-DOS programs provided by Toshiba.
- -f, --off
- Turn the fan off if not already off.
- -n, --on
- Turn the fan on if not already on.
- -a, --auto
- Turn the fan on if connected to AC power, or off otherwise.
- -t, --toggle
- Turn the fan on if off and vice versa.
- -d, --daemon
- Go into daemon mode turning the fan on every second if connected to an AC power supply.
- -s, --smart
- Go into daemon mode turning the fan on every second if connected to an AC power supply, and turning it off if on battery power