The <glob.h> header shall define the structures and symbolic constants used by the glob() function.
The structure type glob_t shall contain at least the following members:
size_t gl_pathc Count of paths matched by pattern. char **gl_pathv Pointer to a list of matched pathnames. size_t gl_offs Slots to reserve at the beginning of gl_pathv.
The following constants shall be provided as values for the flags argument:
- Append generated pathnames to those previously obtained.
- Specify how many null pointers to add to the beginning of gl_pathv.
- Cause glob() to return on error.
- Each pathname that is a directory that matches pattern has a slash appended.
- If pattern does not match any pathname, then return a list consisting of only pattern.
- Disable backslash escaping.
Do not sort the pathnames returned.
The following constants shall be defined as error return values:
- The scan was stopped because GLOB_ERR was set or (*errfunc)() returned non-zero.
- The pattern does not match any existing pathname, and GLOB_NOCHECK was not set in flags.
- An attempt to allocate memory failed.
The following shall be declared as functions and may also be defined as macros. Function prototypes shall be provided.
int glob(const char *restrict, int, int (*)(const char *, int), glob_t *restrict); void globfree (glob_t *);
The implementation may define additional macros or constants using names beginning with GLOB_.
The following sections are informative.
COPYRIGHTPortions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technology -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html .