SYNOPSISmaim [options] [file]
DESCRIPTIONmaim (MAke IMage) is a utility that takes screenshots of your desktop using imlib2. It's meant to overcome shortcomings of scrot and performs better than scrot in several ways.
- Print help and exit
- -V, --version
- Print version and exit
- Sets the x display.
- -s, --select
- Enables user region selection. Requires slop to be installed. (default=off)
- -x, --x=INT
- Sets the x coordinate for taking an image
- -y, --y=INT
- Sets the y coordinate for taking an image
- -w, --w=INT
- Sets the width for taking an image
- -h, --h=INT
- Sets the height for taking an image
- -g, --geometry=WxH+X+Y
- Set the region to capture
- -d, --delay=FLOAT
- Set the amount of time to wait before taking an image. (default=`0.0')
- -i, --windowid=INT
- Set the window to capture. Defaults to the root window id.
- Localizes given geometry to the given window. So maim -i $ID -g 100x100+0+0 --localize would screenshot the top-left 100x100 pixels of the given window, rather than the top-left 100x100 pixels of the root window. (default=off)
- Prevents the system cursor from showing up in screenshots. (default=off)
- -m, --mask=STRING
- Masks off-screen pixels so they don't show up in screenshots. (possible values="auto", "off", "on" default=`auto')
- Disables the ability to cancel selections with the keyboard. (default=off)
- -b, --bordersize=INT
- Set the selection rectangle's thickness. Does nothing when --highlight is enabled. (default=`5')
- -p, --padding=INT
- Set the padding size of the selection. Can be negative. (default=`0')
- -t, --tolerance=INT
- How far in pixels the mouse can move after clicking and still be detected as a normal click instead of a click and drag. Setting this to 0 will disable window selections. (default=`2')
- Set the amount of time before slop will check for keyboard cancellations in seconds. (default=`0.4')
- -c, --color=FLOAT,FLOAT,FLOAT,FLOAT
- Set the selection rectangle's color. Supports RGB or RGBA values. (default=`0.5,0.5,0.5,1')
- -n, --nodecorations
- Attempt to select child windows in order to avoid window decorations. (default=off)
- Set the minimum output of width or height values. This is useful to avoid outputting 0. Setting min and max to the same value disables drag selections. (default=`0')
- Set the maximum output of width or height values. Setting min and max to the same value disables drag selections. (default=`0')
- -l, --highlight
- Instead of outlining selections, slop highlights it. This is only useful when --color is set to a transparent color. (default=off)
EXAMPLESScreenshot the active window
$ maim -i $(xdotool getactivewindow)
Prompt a transparent red selection to screenshot.
$ maim -s -c 1,0,0,0.6
Save a dated screenshot.
$ maim ~/$(date +%F-%T).png
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2014 Dalton Nell <[email protected]>, Maim Contributors <http://github.com/naelstrof/maim/graphs/contributors>.