SYNOPSISmmcat [-t mmtype ] [-o offset ] [ -i imgtype ] [-b dev_sector_size] [-vV] image [images] part_num
DESCRIPTIONmmcat outputs the contents of a specific volume to stdout. This allows you to extract the contents of a partition to a separate file.
- -t mmtype
- Specify the media management type. Use '-t list' to list the supported types. If not given, autodetection methods are used.
- -o offset
- Specify the offset into the image where the volume containing the partition system starts. The relative offset of the partition system will be added to this value.
- -b dev_sector_size
- The size, in bytes, of the underlying device sectors. If not given, the value in the image format is used (if it exists) or 512-bytes is assumed.
- -i imgtype
- Identify the type of image file, such as raw. Use '-i list' to list the supported types. If not given, autodetection methods are used.
- Verbose output of debugging statements to stderr
- Display version
- image [images]
- The disk or partition image to read, whose format is given with '-i'. Multiple image file names can be given if the image is split into multiple segments. If only one image file is given, and its name is the first in a sequence (e.g., as indicated by ending in '.001'), subsequent image segments will be included automatically.
Address of partition to process. See the mmls output to determine the address of the partitions.
AUTHORBrian Carrier <carrier at sleuthkit dot org>
Send documentation updates to <doc-updates at sleuthkit dot org>