SYNOPSISmtail [options] <file>...
MonkeyTail allows a user to tail multiple files on both local and remote hosts and clearly marks inactivity by putting 5 newlines in the output whenever a pause in output over 3 seconds is detected.
MonkeyTail is implemented a fairly simple wrapper script around standard tail, ssh, and sudo.
- Quiet mode
- " "
- Output the last N lines of each file before tailing (defaults to 0)
- Files to tail.
- These can specified in the following ways:
- - expands the group (from .mtailrc) to a list of
- files to tail
- - tails a local file.
- +<filename> - attempts to sudo and tail a local file (will
- prompt for pwd if required).
- - attempts to invoke tail via ssh on a remote
- +<remotehost>:<filename> - attempts to invoke sudo tail via ssh on a
- remote host (will prompt for pwd if required).
Martyn Smith <[email protected]>