DESCRIPTIONThis is the BSC-only version of OpenBSC. It requires a Mobile Switching Center (MSC) to operate.
You might rather prefer to use osmocom-nitb which is considered a "GSM Network-in-a-Box" and does not depend on a MSC.
Typically you start osmo-bsc with the -c option specifying where to find the configuration file. There are example configuration files in:
- this text
- Fork the process into a background daemon
- -d option,--debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DNM
- enable debugging
- Print a timestamp in the debug output.
- -c,--config-file <filename>
- The config file to use.
- The local address of the MGCP.
- -e,--log-level <number>
- Set a global loglevel.
- -r,--rf-ctl <NAME>
- A unix domain socket to listen for cmds.
- A special mode to provoke failures at the MSC.
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Ruben Undheim <[email protected]> for the Debian project (and may be used by others).