SYNOPSISpuppet help action
OPTIONSNote that any setting that's valid in the configuration file is also a valid long argument, although it may or may not be relevant to the present action. For example, server and run_mode are valid settings, so you can specify --server <servername>, or --run_mode <runmode> as an argument.
See the configuration file documentation at https://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/stable/configuration.html for the full list of acceptable parameters. A commented list of all configuration options can also be generated by running puppet with --genconfig.
- --render-as FORMAT
- The format in which to render output. The most common formats are json, s (string), yaml, and console, but other options such as dot are sometimes available.
- Whether to log verbosely.
- Whether to log debug information.
- help - Display help about Puppet subcommands and their actions.
- puppet help [--version VERSION] [subcommand] [action]
- Display help about Puppet subcommands and their actions.
- OPTIONS --version VERSION - The version of the subcommand for which to show help.
- Short help text for the specified subcommand or action.
Get help for an action:
$ puppet help
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSECopyright 2011 by Puppet Labs Apache 2 license; see COPYING