- int request_firmware_nowait(struct module * module, bool uevent, const char * name, struct device * device, gfp_t gfp, void * context, void (*cont) (const struct firmware *fw, void *context));
- module requesting the firmware
- sends uevent to copy the firmware image if this flag is non-zero else the firmware copy must be done manually.
- name of firmware file
- device for which firmware is being loaded
- allocation flags
- will be passed over to cont, and fw may be NULL if firmware request fails.
- function will be called asynchronously when the firmware request is over.
Caller must hold the reference count of device.
Asynchronous variant of request_firmware for user contexts: - sleep for as small periods as possible since it may increase kernel boot time of built-in device drivers requesting firmware in their ->probe methods, if gfp is GFP_KERNEL.
- can't sleep at all if gfp is GFP_ATOMIC.