tbp-importorig [ options ] filename_or_dir package version
tbp-importorig imports the tar.gz file given by filename (or a directory, if filename is one) into the tla-buildpackage archive. Since upstream tarballs do not contain the package and version information in a unified format, you must specify that on the command line as well.
It is an error to run tbp-importorig on a package when a newer version already exists in the archive. tbp-importorig detects this condition and will terminate without causing harm. However, this can be overridden by the --force-upstream-version argument (see below).
Gives the path to a tar.gz file to import.
Alternatively, gives the path to a directory to import without unpacking anything.
- Gives the Debian source package name corresponding to this upstream package.
- Gives the package version corresponding to this upstream package. This should not contain the Debian part (-1, -2, etc).
- --tla-version=VERSION, --tla-upstream-version=VERSION
- put the upstream sources into the tla version named VERSION. default: [package]--head--1.0
- --tla-branch-from=REVISION, --tla-upstream-branch-from=REVISION
- branch the upstream sources from the tla revision named REVISION; if no patch level is specified, the latest revision from the given version will be used
- --force-version, --force-upstream-version
- import this version even if it is older than other upstream sources already imported.
- -h, --help
- display the help message and exit.
- -v, --version
- display version info and exit.
The following specific files are used by this application:
- Specifies the default working copy location for all build procedures. This file, and the directory it specifies, are both normally created by tbp-initarchive.
The following environment variables are used by this application:
- Specifies the working copy area for tla-buildpackage to use for all build-related tasks, overriding the value in ~/.tla-buildpackage, if any.
tla-buildpackage, all associated scripts and programs, this manual, and all build scripts are Copyright (C) 2003 John Goerzen, 2008 Hubert Chathi.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
tla-buildpackage, its modules, documentation, executables, and all included files, except where noted, was written by John Goerzen <[email protected]> and Hubert Chathi <[email protected]>, and copyright is held as stated in the COPYRIGHT section.
tla-buildpackage may be downloaded from the Debian packaging system or at
tla-buildpackage may also be downloaded using tla like this:
$ tla register-archive [email protected] \ http://vcs.uhoreg.ca/arch/[email protected] $ tla get \ [email protected]/tla-buildpackage--mainline--1.0 \ tla-buildpackage