tla-buildpackage [ args for debuild ... ]
The tla-buildpackage command is used to build Debian source and .deb packages from a checked-out version of a Debian source tree. Please refer to the tla-buildpackage manual for instructions on how to check out such a tree.
tla-buildpackage will, in order:
- Verify that it is being executed from the proper location.
- Check to see if a proper orig.tar.gz exists. If not, it will check out the proper upstream directory from the tla-buildpackage repository (if necessary) and build the orig.tar.gz. The orig.tar.gz will not contain Arch meta-data.
- Call debuild(1) with arguments instructing it to ignore Arch meta-data in the diff.gz, passing along all arguments given to tla-buildpackage.
All options passed to tla-buildpackage (except for -h, --help, -v, and --version) are sent directly to debuild(1).
~$ cd ~/tree/debian ~/tree/debian$ tla buildcfg debian/rdiff-backup/0.12.5-1 ~/tree/debian$ cd +packages/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-0.12.5 ~/tree/debian/+packages/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-0.12.5$ tla-buildpackage \ -rfakeroot
The following specific files are used by this application:
- Specifies the default working copy location for all build procedures. This file, and the directory it specifies, are both normally created by tbp-initarchive.
The following environment variables are used by this application:
- Specifies the working copy area for tla-buildpackage to use for all build-related tasks, overriding the value in ~/.tla-buildpackage, if any.
tla-buildpackage, all associated scripts and programs, this manual, and all build scripts are Copyright (C) 2003 John Goerzen, 2008 Hubert Chathi.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
tla-buildpackage, its modules, documentation, executables, and all included files, except where noted, was written by John Goerzen <[email protected]> and Hubert Chathi <[email protected]>, and copyright is held as stated in the COPYRIGHT section.
tla-buildpackage may be downloaded from the Debian packaging system or at
tla-buildpackage may also be downloaded using tla like this:
$ tla register-archive [email protected] \ http://vcs.uhoreg.ca/arch/[email protected] $ tla get \ [email protected]/tla-buildpackage--mainline--1.0 \ tla-buildpackage