tbp-initarchive [ options ] archive_name archive_location working_location
tbp-initarchive is designed to set up both the tla archive and the working area for a tla-buildpackage setup. It automatically handles all the tasks relating to running tla and tla-buildpackage
tbp-initarchive will create the tla archive archive_name in archive_location, and check it out into working_location, having initialized that working area for tla-buildpackage. If ~/.tla-buildpackage does not exist, it will be created and the working location will be written into it.
- Gives the tla name of the archive to create. tla must not know anything about it prior to running this command. An example would be [email protected]
- Gives the directory where tla will create its history files. It must not exist prior to running this command.
- Gives the directory where you will work with tla-buildpackage on a daily basis.
- pass ARGUMENTS to tla make-archive. e.g. --signed, to GPG sign the archive contents
- pass ARGUMENTS to tla init-tree. e.g. --nested, if the working directory is in a directory that is already controlled by tla.
- -h, --help
- display the help message and exit.
- -v, --version
- display version info and exit.
The following specific files are used by this application:
- Specifies the default working copy location for all build procedures. This file, and the directory it specifies, are both normally created by tbp-initarchive.
The following environment variables are used by this application:
- Specifies the working copy area for tla-buildpackage to use for all build-related tasks, overriding the value in ~/.tla-buildpackage, if any.
tla-buildpackage, all associated scripts and programs, this manual, and all build scripts are Copyright (C) 2003 John Goerzen, 2008 Hubert Chathi.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
tla-buildpackage, its modules, documentation, executables, and all included files, except where noted, was written by John Goerzen <[email protected]> and Hubert Chathi <[email protected]>, and copyright is held as stated in the COPYRIGHT section.
tla-buildpackage may be downloaded from the Debian packaging system or at
tla-buildpackage may also be downloaded using tla like this:
$ tla register-archive [email protected] \ http://vcs.uhoreg.ca/arch/[email protected] $ tla get \ [email protected]/tla-buildpackage--mainline--1.0 \ tla-buildpackage