- tping [-hv] [-c count] [-d delay] [-l length] nodes
- Print the command help menu.
- Turn OFF verbose mode.
- -c count
- Send count messages.
- -d delay
- Delay delay seconds between each message.
- -l length
- Each message is length bytes long.
DESCRIPTIONThe tping command sends messages to, and collects replies from, a list of nodes, via the LAM echo server. It is similar to the UNIX ping(8) command, and is used as a quick diagnosis of the LAM network.
Unless options are specified, tping sends a 1 byte message an infinite number of times, displaying the roundtrip time of each message as it completes, with a delay of 1 second between roundtrips. After the loop is broken (with keyboard interrupt, eg: ^C), tping prints statistics about all roundtrip messages.
- tping h
- Echo messages to the local node.
- tping -v n7 -l 1000 -c 10
- Echo 1000 byte messages to node 7. Stay silent while working. Stop after 10 roundtrips and report statistics.