DESCRIPTIONxfdesktop manages the desktop itself in the Xfce 4 Desktop Environment. This includes drawing the desktop backdrop and providing a right-click applications menu and middle-click window list menu, as well as drawing icons on the desktop. Only one instance of xfdesktop can be running at a time, and should be started by running xfdesktop without any arguments.
- -h, --help
- Show help options
- Show all help options
- Show GTK+ Options
Show session management options
- -V, --version
- Display version information
- -R, --reload
- Causes an already-running instance of xfdesktop to reload all its settings and redraws the desktop background.
- -N, --next
- Causes an already-running instance of xfdesktop to advance to the next wallpaper on the current workspace.
- -M, --menu
- Causes an already-running instance of xfdesktop to pop up the applications menu at the current position of the mouse cursor.
- -W, --windowlist
- Causes an already-running instance of xfdesktop to pop up the window list menu at the current position of the mouse cursor.
- -A, --arrange
- Automatically arrange all the icons on the desktop
- -D, --disable-wm-check
- Do not wait for a window manager on startup
- -e, --enable-debug
- Enable debug messages
- -d, --disable-debug
- Disable debug messages
- -Q, --quit
- Cause xfdesktop to quit
X display to use
ENVIRONMENTxfdesktop's behavior is affected by the following environment variables.
- Specifies the root for all user-specific configuration files. If this environment variable is not present, it defaults to ~/.config
Specifies a colon-separated list of system directories in which to search
for configuration data.
If this environment variable is not present, it defaults to
FILESxfdesktop searches for a menu description file in $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/menus/xfce-applications.menu. xfdesktop can also use a user-customized menu in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/menus/.
BUGSPlease report any bugs to http://bugzilla.xfce.org/.
Development discussion should be conducted on the [email protected] mailing list.
Usage-related questions should be directed to the [email protected] mailing list.