- Widget XtCreatePopupShell(String name, WidgetClass widget_class, Widget parent, ArgList args, Cardinal num_args);
- Widget XtVaCreatePopupShell(String name, WidgetClass widget_class, Widget parent, ...);
- Specifies the argument list to override the resource defaults.
- Specifies the text name for the created shell widget.
- Specifies the number of arguments in the argument list.
- Specifies the parent widget.
- Specifies the widget class pointer for the created shell widget.
- Specifies the variable argument list to override the resource defaults.
DESCRIPTIONThe XtCreatePopupShell function ensures that the specified class is a subclass of Shell and, rather than using insert_child to attach the widget to the parent's children list, attaches the shell to the parent's pop-ups list directly.
A spring-loaded pop-up invoked from a translation table already must exist at the time that the translation is invoked, so the translation manager can find the shell by name. Pop-ups invoked in other ways can be created ``on-the-fly'' when the pop-up actually is needed. This delayed creation of the shell is particularly useful when you pop up an unspecified number of pop-ups. You can look to see if an appropriate unused shell (that is, not currently popped up) exists and create a new shell if needed.