use AFS::Utils qw (
XSVERSION get_server_version get_syslib_version
setpag sysname unlog
my $ok = setpag();
print "Return Code = $ok\n";
print 'XS-Version = ', XSVERSION, "\n";
print 'Syslib Version = ', get_syslib_version, "\n";
print 'Server Version = ', get_server_version('pts', 'ibm-1'), "\n";
my $sysname = sysname;
DESCRIPTIONThis module provides several utility functions for the AFS module bundle. You can retrieve the version number for the underlying AFS system libraries, for the XS module, and for the AFS server processes. And it contains several commands that do not belong to any AFS command suites like creating a new PAG or retrieving and setting the CPU/operating system type. Any function required must by explicitly listed by the "use" statement to be exported into the calling package.
COMPATIBILITYThis release does NOT support any features and interfaces from version 1.
Optional ExportsThe following functions will be exported into your namespace if you specifically ask that they be imported.
- $version = XSVERSION;
- Reports the version number of the underlying XS file.
- $version = get_server_version(SERVER [, HOST [, VERBOSE]]);
- Reports the version number of the SERVER process running at HOST (default localhost). If VERBOSE (default 0) is set to 1 some program trace is printed.
- $version = get_syslib_version;
- Reports the version number of the underlying AFS system library.
- $ok = setpag;
- Creates a new command shell (owned by the issuer of the command) and associates a new process authentication group (PAG) with the shell and the user. A PAG is a number guaranteed to identify the issuer of commands in the new shell uniquely to the local Cache Manager.
- $sysname = sysname([NEWSYSNAME]);
- Reports the CPU/operating system type or sets the CPU/operating system type to NEWSYSNAME.
- Discards all of the issuer's tokens.
CURRENT AUTHORNorbert E. Gruener <[email protected]>.
AUTHOR EMERITUSRoland Schemers <[email protected]>.
COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMER
X 2001-2008 Norbert E. Gruener <[email protected]>. All rights reserved. X 1994 Board of Trustees, Leland Stanford Jr. University. All rights reserved. Most of the explanations in this document are taken from the original AFS documentation. AFS-3 Programmer's Reference: File Server/Cache Manager Interface Edward R. Zayas X 1991 Transarc Corporation. All rights reserved. IBM AFS Administration Reference X IBM Corporation 2000. All rights reserved.
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.
- The original module is covered by the following copyright:
Copyright (c) 1994 Board of Trustees, Leland Stanford Jr. University
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are duplicated in all such forms and that any documentation, advertising materials, and other materials related to such distribution and use acknowledge that the software was developed by Stanford University. The name of the University may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
DOCUMENT VERSIONRevision $Rev: 859 $