SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device miibus device alc
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe device driver provides support for Atheros AR813x and AR815x PCI Express Gigabit/Fast Ethernet controllers.
All LOMs supported by the driver have TCP/UDP/IP checksum offload for transmit, TCP segmentation offload (TSO), hardware VLAN tag stripping/insertion features, Wake On Lan (WOL) and an interrupt moderation mechanism as well as a 64-bit multicast hash filter.
The AR813x and AR815x supports Jumbo Frames (up to 9216 and 6144 bytes, respectively), which can be configured via the interface MTU setting. Selecting an MTU larger than 1500 bytes with the ifconfig(8) utility configures the adapter to receive and transmit Jumbo Frames.
The driver supports the following media types:
- Enable autoselection of the media type and options. The user can manually override the autoselected mode by adding media options to rc.conf5.
- Set 10Mbps operation.
- Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation.
- Set 1000baseTX operation over twisted pair.
The driver supports the following media options:
- Force full duplex operation.
- Force half duplex operation.
For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8).
HARDWAREThe device driver provides support for the following Ethernet controllers:
- Atheros AR8131 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Atheros AR8132 PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Atheros AR8151 v1.0 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Atheros AR8151 v2.0 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Atheros AR8152 v1.1 PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Atheros AR8152 v2.0 PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
LOADER TUNABLESTunables can be set at the loader(8) prompt before booting the kernel or stored in loader.conf5.
- This tunable disables MSI support on the Ethernet hardware. The default value is 0.
- This tunable disables MSI-X support on the Ethernet hardware. The default value is 0.
SYSCTL VARIABLESThe following variables are available as both sysctl(8) variables and loader(8) tunables:
- Maximum amount of time to delay receive interrupt processing in units of 1us. The accepted range is 0 to 130000, the default is 100(100us). Value 0 completely disables the interrupt moderation.
- Maximum amount of time to delay transmit interrupt processing in units of 1us. The accepted range is 0 to 130000, the default is 1000(1ms). Value 0 completely disables the interrupt moderation.
- Maximum amount of Rx frames to be processed in the event loop before rescheduling a taskqueue. The accepted range is 32 to 255, the default value is 64 events. The interface does not need to be brought down and up again before a change takes effect.
HISTORYThe driver was written by An Pyun YongHyeon Aq [email protected] . It first appeared in Fx 8.0 .