SYNOPSISamispammer [ -v 0|1 ] [ -i <IPaddress> | -d <domain> ] [ -T 0|1 ] [ -f emailfrom -t emailto -s smtp_server ] [ -h ]
DESCRIPTIONamispammer is a tool to check via command line if an IP address or domain MX IPs appear currently on any blacklist because of spam reported/reputation.
The main target to use it are system admininistrators or security officers/consultants who want to check by command line whether an IP address they are responsible or they are auditing (respectively) is blacklisted.
To get it, amispammer will check in over 90 popular blacklisting lists, used by almost every antispam professional devices and software.
Optionally, it is possible to send an email to some recipient when it finish the checks with the different lists where the IP address appears. This is very useful if this task is done automatically by night for example, or even more frequently, in organizations where email has critic importance. It will only send an email in case the IP add ress appears in some blacklist.
- <IP address>: IP address to check. In A.B.C.D format
<domain>: Domain to be checked. Useful when there are several MX records.
If no IP/domain is supplied with -i or -d flags, amISpammer will assume it has to check the public IP address from it is being executed, and it will detect it automatically
- 0|1: Disable|Enable the queries using threads. Performance will be improved and query time will decrease but more memory and CPU resources will be required. By default -T 1 is enabled (with threads enabled)
- emailfrom: email account ([email protected]) who will send the email
- emailto: recipient email account ([email protected]) who will receive the email
- smtp_server: SMTP Server IP Address where the email will be sent. By Default: localhost
0|1: Verbose detail.
0 (by default if nothing is specified) -> It will just show blacklists where the IP address appears as reported. In this mode, we will be able to send an email with results.
1 -> It will show on terminal every blacklist and the result of checking one by one (blacklisted/not blacklisted)
To ask for program usage
30 4 * * * /usr/bin/amispammer -i <A.B.C.D> -v0 -f [email protected] -t [email protected] >> /dev/null 2>&1
Next are needed perl modules:
Lorenzo Martinez Rodriguez <lorenzo at lorenzomartinez dot es>
Copyright (C) 2009-2010, Lorenzo Martinez Rodriguez