[ActivityIds [ActivityIds ...] ] [--auto-scaling-group value ]
[--max-records value ] [General Options]
Describes a set of activities or all activities belonging to a group. The
most number of activities described will be the value specified in max
Optional list of activities to be described. If
this list is omitted, all activities are described.
The list of requested activities cannot contain more than 50 items.
If an Auto Scaling group name is provided, the results
are limited to that group. If unknown activities
are requested, they are ignored with no error.
-g, --auto-scaling-group VALUE
Optional. Name of an Auto Scaling group by which to filter the request.
Maximum number of activities that will be described with each call
(default = 20, max = 50).
Location of the file with your AWS credentials. This value can be set by
using the environment variable 'AWS_CREDENTIAL_FILE'.
-C, --ec2-cert-file-path VALUE
Path to the file holding the X.509 certificate. This value can be set by
using the environment variable 'EC2_CERT'.
Connection timeout (in seconds). The default value is '30'.
The delimiter to use when displaying delimited (long) results.
For displaying tabular or delimited results, it includes the column
headers. For displaying XML results, it returns the HTTP headers from the
service request, if applicable. This is off by default.
-I, --access-key-id VALUE
The AWS access ID to use.
-K, --ec2-private-key-file-path VALUE
Path to the file holding the X.509 private key. This value can be set by
using the environment variable 'EC2_PRIVATE_KEY'.
Amazon EC2 region to use. This value can be set by using the environment
-S, --secret-key VALUE
The AWS Secret Key to use.
Shows empty fields and rows, using a (nil) value. The default is to not
show empty fields or columns.
Displays the URL the tools used to call the AWS Service. The default
value is 'false'.
--show-table, --show-long, --show-xml, --quiet
The way in which the results are displayed: tabular, delimited (long),
XML or no output (quiet). Tabular shows a subset of the data in fixed
column-width form, while long shows all of the returned values delimited
by a character, XML is the raw return from the service and quiet
suppresses all standard output. The default is tabular, or 'show-table'.
-U, --url VALUE
This option will override the URL for the service call with VALUE. This
value can be set by using the environment variable
Describe all activities.
$PROMPT> as-describe-scaling-activities -g test-group-1 --max-records 50 --token token-1
This command returns a table that contains the following:
* ACTIVITY-ID - Id of the scaling activity.
* END-TIME - Activity's end time.
* GROUP-NAME - Name of the Auto Scaling group to which this activity
* CODE - Status code of the activity.
* MESSAGE - Message associated with the acitivity's latest event (long).
* CAUSE - Activity cause. This column appears only in the --show-long view.
* PROGRESS - Progress rate of the activity (long). This column appears only
in the --show-long view.
* DESCRIPTION - Activity description (long). This column appears only in the
* UPDATE-TIME - No description available for this column. This column
appears only in the --show-long view.
* START-TIME - Activity's start time (long). This column appears only in the
* ACTIVITY-STEP-NAME - Name of the ActivityStep config associated with this
* ACTIVITY-STEP-TYPE - Type of the ActivityStep. This column appears only in
the --show-long view.
* ACTIVITY-STEP-STATUS - Status of the ActivityStep.
* SCHEDULED-TIME - Time AutoScaling scheduled this ActivityStep.
* START-TIME - Time when user polled this ActivityStep.
* END-TIME - Time when user completed this ActivityStep or the ActivityStep
This is an example of the output of this command.