DESCRIPTIONassimp: is a command line utilitiy that allows interaction with 3D models
- Use 'assimp <verb> --help' to get detailed help for a command.
- Display statistics and structure of a 3D model
- Display Assimp version
- List all known file extension
- Check whether a file extension is recognized by Assimp
- Extract an embedded texture from a model
- Convert a model to binary or XML dumps (ASSBIN/ASSXML)
- Compare two file dumps produced with 'assimp dump <file> -s ...'
MANUALOn Debian systems you should be able to find a manual in file:///usr/share/doc/assimp-utils/assimp/index.html