Other Aliasbnnews.txt bnissue.txt
DESCRIPTIONThe file bnmotd.txt contains text displayed by bnetd(1), when users first log into the server.
The file bnnews.txt contains text displayed when the user uses the /news chat command.
The files consist of raw text with printf-style formatting escapes. Each line of a file can contain a type formatter from the following list:
- Use the broadcast attribute (???).
- Execute the line as if the user entered it as a command.
- Use the error attribute (red).
- Use the info attribute (yellow). This is the same was %W.
- Normal chat message (white). This will appear as if the user said it.
- Emote chat message (???). This will appear as if the user said it.
- Use the warning attribute (yellow). This is the same was %I.
Within a line, any of the following format formatters may be used:
- Expand to a literal percent sign (%).
- Expand to the number of accounts on the server.
- Expand to the number of channels on the server. This includes all permanent and current temporary channels.
- Expand to the number of games on the server. This includes both public and private (passworded) games.
- Expand to the hostname of the server (as returned by gethostname(2)).
- Expand to this user's account ID number, formatted with a leading pound (#) sign and leading zeros.
- Expand to this user's current chat name which is usually the same
- Expand to the IP of the remote machine (the client).
- Expand to four character client tag.
- Expand to the number of users logged into the server.
- Expand to the version number of the server.
- Ross Combs ([email protected])