SYNOPSISbssadmin [ commands_filename ]
DESCRIPTIONbssadmin is a BSS variant of ipnadmin(1) that configures the local ION node's routing of bundles to endpoints whose IDs conform to the ipn endpoint ID scheme. ipn is a CBHE-conformant scheme; that is, every endpoint ID in the ipn scheme is a string of the form "ipn:element_number.service_number" where element_number is a CBHE ``node number'' and service_number identifies a specific application processing point.
bssadmin operates in response to IPN scheme configuration commands found in the file commands_filename, if provided; if not, bssadmin prints a simple prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into standard input.
The format of commands for commands_filename can be queried from bssadmin with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are documented in bssrc(5).
- "0" Successful completion of IPN scheme administration.
- "1" Unsuccessful completion of IPN scheme administration, due to inability to attach to the Bundle Protocol system or to initialize the IPN scheme.
- Enter interactive IPN scheme configuration command entry mode.
- bssadmin host1.bssrc
- Execute all configuration commands in host1.bssrc, then terminate immediately.
FILESSee bssrc(5) for details of the BSS configuration commands for the IPN scheme.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
DIAGNOSTICSNote: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the bssrc file on a Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text format before presenting it to bssadmin. Otherwise bssadmin will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily.
The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log:
- bssadmin can't attach to BP.
- Bundle Protocol has not been initialized on this computer. You need to run bpadmin(1) first.
- bssadmin can't initialize routing database.
- There is no SDR data store for dtnadmin to use. Please run ionadmin(1) to start the local ION node.
- Can't open command file...
- The commands_filename specified in the command line doesn't exist.
Various errors that don't cause bssadmin to fail but are noted in the ion.log log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given at the prompt or in the commands_filename file. Please see bssrc(5) for details.