SYNOPSIScabextract [-ddir] [-f] [-Fpattern] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-p] [-q] [-s] [-t] [-v] cabinet files ...
DESCRIPTIONcabextract is a program that un-archives files in the Microsoft cabinet file format (.cab) or any binary file which contains an embedded cabinet file (frequently found in .exe files).
cabextract will extract all files from all cabinet files specified on the command line.
To extract a multi-part cabinet consisting of several files, only the first cabinet file needs to be given as an argument to cabextract as it will automatically look for the remaining files. To prevent cabextract from extracting cabinet files you did not specify, use the -s option.
OPTIONSA summary of options is included below.
- -d dir
- Extracts all files into the directory dir.
- When testing or extracting cabinet files, corrupted MSZIP blocks will be ignored. A warning will be printed if a corrupted MSZIP block is encountered.
- -F pattern
- Only files with names that match the shell pattern pattern shall be listed, tested or extracted. On non-GNU systems, this match may be case-sensitive.
- Prints a page of help and exits.
- Lists the contents of the given cabinet files, rather than extracting them.
- When extracting cabinet files, makes each extracted file's name lowercase.
- Files shall be extracted to standard output.
- When extracting cabinet files, suppresses all messages except errors and warnings.
- When testing, listing or extracting cabinets which span multiple files, only cabinet files given on the command line shall be used.
- Tests the integrity of the cabinet. Files are decompressed, but not written to disk or standard output. If the file successfully decompresses, the MD5 checksum of the file is printed.
- If given alone on the command line, prints the version of cabextract and exits. Given with a list of cabinet files, it will list the contents of the cabinet files.